French company Neoen signed a concession agreement with the Mozambican government on Tuesday in Maputo for the construction of a solar power plant, with an estimated cost of more than US$50 million, according to the Mozambican press. The solar power…
Our blog provides access to news and articles about the most important developments in the power sector in Mozambique and the region, with emphasis on renewable energy.
GAZA could achieve universal access to electricity by 2030, and currently has a coverage rate of 48.5 percent, thus placing it at the third national level in a list led by the country’s capital, followed by Maputo-province. Despite these numbers,…
The Government of Mozambique presented the portfolio of renewable energy projects with which it intends to guarantee universal access to electricity in the country by 2030.
- ACWA Power building 250MW solar PV in Ethiopia October 29, 2019
- Ncondezi confirms first solar and battery storage project October 23, 2019
- Energetic transition: Galp wants to invest more in natural gas and renewables than in oil October 22, 2019
- Mozambique/Malawi transmission line goes to tender by March 2020 October 22, 2019
- World Bank approves US$57 million for the Mozambique-Malawi Regional Interconnector Project September 20, 2019